Packed with an array of affordable solutions and features, the Master ELD is just perfect for all your fleet compliance needs. After the ELD mandate introduced by the FMCSA, any trucker that fails to adhere to the mandate can be fined by the guidelines.
However, not every ELD device is simple-to-use and install. However, the MasterELD brings no such complications, which makes it an ideal choice in the market for fleet compliance requirements. In this blog, we have listed down all the features, benefits, disadvantages, and more about the ELD to help you judge whether it is the one for you.
So, let’s get started with this guide for the MasterELD device.
|National Transportation Partners LLC.||
||Not Available||Operating System:
iOS and Android
The MasterELD is a product brought together by National Transportation Partners LLC. It is a particularly inexpensive solution that is paired with a range of compliances featured for the fleet management needs. The device helps deliver one among the highly effective tool suites for ELD compliance.
The MasterELD is also compliant with Section 395.20-CFR 49. Further, it is also compliant with relatable safety regulations present within the guidelines of Federal Motor Carrier. This ELD product has proven its worth for quite some time & makes up for the perfect solution for both small and big fleets.back to menu ↑
With the MasterELD, you get access to a robust compliance package meant for segregated fleet management. So, just what do you get with this ELD device?
This licensed device is aimed for fleet managers and operators with a simpler user-interface. The makers of the ELD continually change & experiment with the device to make it better with time. So, the features might get better as technology advances. For now, the features you get with this ELD include:
- Paper Scan
- Location Sharing
- GPS Tracking
- Audit Driver Logs
- Driver Scorecard
- Customer Updates
- FMCSA Compliance
- Vehicle Diagnostics
- Customer Updates
- Historical Reporting
- Vehicle Diagnostics
- Historical Route Date
- Allows you scope for easy driver log audit
- Availability of Detailed Reporting
- Multiple ELD/AOBRD Device Options
- Compatible with most vehicles
- Location sharing or customer updates
- Create an account on the same day
- Faster learning curve
- Compliance to subsections 395.20 and 395.15 of the FMCSA CFR 49
Benefits/Reasons to Choose
Every commercial vehicle in the USA needs access to a perfect ELD device. With the MasterELD, you get access to features and benefits that will make your mandate compliance methodology much easier.
Here are some of the benefits that come with MasterELD:
- Change Duty Status: The MasterELD allows you a scope to change the driver’s duty status. With 0mph speed, the fleet is considered idle. You can easily change your duty status through the application’s main screen. The ELD device gives you a chance to change the Off Duty status to Sleeping or On-Duty. You can also add in the location you are currently at along with the remarks fields.
- Correction of E-Logs: With MasterELD, you can also edit the current e-logs. Plus, you can also insert any missing status as per requirement. Apart from this, you get access to:
- Profile Viewing
- E-Logs Signing
- DVIR Inspections
- On-Road Compliance: During the on-road inspections, the drivers are required to provide the officer-in-charge with the e-logs. With the MasterELD, you can easily provide the officers with the logging details. Further, the MasterELD ensures that you are not fined during the inspections with incomplete log reports or similar issues. So, MasterELD is a must for you.
Pros & Cons
- Easy Installation
- Intuitive Design
- Free App
- No Option for Split Sleeper
- App Malfunctioning
- Lack of offline mode
- Lack of exception for short-haul (16 Hours)
The Master ELD device is available at a one-time price of $180. Further, it is compatible with all J1939 9-PIN Port.back to menu ↑
How to Install
The MasterELD device can be easily installed with a Plug-n-pin methodology. To get the installation process started, you need to do all these things:
- Attach your device
- Download the official application
- Connect via Bluetooth
Who can use the MasterELD?
This ELD device can be used by anyone who owns a truck, manages a collection of the fleet, or owns one. The set of features packed into the device makes things easier for on-road inspection.back to menu ↑
How to order the MasterELD?
To order the MasterELD, you can visit the official website https://mastereld.com/ and fill in the contact form with your requirement, and the customer service representatives will get in touch with you.back to menu ↑
To get clearance for any of your inquiries or issues, you can call in at the number: 630-422-7497. You can also write to the team at Jorge@mastersafetyinc.com.back to menu ↑
Other things to know
In case there are issues with the device, you can easily diagnose the problem with this complete list of errors:
- Light not visible: If the device doesn’t show any light, it means that the device isn’t connected with the diagnostic port.
- Blue Light (Solid): This indicates proper ELD device connection with data being received. It also states that its companion application is successfully connected.
- Green Light (Blinking): This generally means that your app is connected successfully. However, the ELD data isn’t getting read given the fact that the fleet’s ignition key hasn’t been placed in the right position.
- Blue Light (Blinking): The blinking blue light suggests that its companion application hasn’t been connected with the adapter.
- Flashing Magenta on the Solid Blue Light: This indicates an error in the device, but it suggests a successful data transmission & recording.
1-Can I use the MasterELD with Paper Logs?
In case the MasterELD malfunctions, the truckers or fleet managers can use the paper logs to record the logs. Although the operation of vehicles in the USA requires ELD use, the drivers can make use of the paper logs in case of ELD errors.
2-Should I Unplug the MasterELD?
Although the MasterELD shouldn’t be unplugged, you can do so when the fleet is idle. The simple plug-n-play installation format makes it easy to be unplugged when necessary.
3-How can I locate the MasterELD diagnostic port?
The common diagnostic port locations in the fleets today include places such as:
- Below the fleet’s steering wheel
- Beneath dashboard’s left side
- Below the seat of the driver
- Next to a side-kick section on the Driver’s left
The MasterELD ranks among the better devices for ELD compliance. Plus, the tracking efficiency that comes with this device is top-notch. Plus, the ELD is an affordable ELD for fleet owners and truckers on a budget.
Plus, the ELD comes with a full-proof tracking system for GPS and comes with easy set-up options. The device gives incredible reliability and accuracy with the HoS logging requirements. Plus, the product has also been tailored for convenience during the on-road inspections.