KeepTruckin ELD has primarily been designed to offer options such as electronic logging, GPS tracking, as well as IFTA solutions. Of course, the device comes with several other features as well. The device is primarily designed to adhere to the latest ELD and HOC mandates. This ELD is featured as a compact and lightweight gadget that can add to the comfort of installation. Once installed correctly, this product can automatically record multiple aspects of vehicles which include things such as drive time as per the DOT regulations. In terms of connectivity, the device is needed to be tethered via Bluetooth to the Android or iOS device.
This web-based ELD platform helps businesses regardless of their sizes with tax reporting, asset tracking, auditing, custom inspection, fleet management, data export, geo-fencing, messaging, and so on. Just like all other BYOD system providers, the KeepTruckin ELD provides several basic as well as upgraded features without the need to break the bank. With the aggressive competition in the market for ELD solutions, the KeepTruckin team has been upgrading its platform with the latest features that include Driver Safety Scorecards, Tampering Alerts, Idling Reports, Fuel Monitoring, Engine Diagnostics, and many more.
So, let’s take a look at everything that compiles this amazing ELD Device and application for the fleet operators and managers.
||Type: BYOD (Bring Your Device)
OS: iOS and Android
|Email / Web Services||Up-Front Cost: $150
Monthly Cost: $20 or $35
KeepTruckin ELD: Brand Overview
Even as an initiative developed by a startup firm based in the city of San Francisco, the KeepTruckin ELD has managed to gain huge popularity amid its users which include truck owners, fleet managers, as well as drivers. Right from its establishment, this provider has been catering one among the best and top-quality compliance solutions designed to adhere to the ELD mandates updated recently. It has served well for both fleet owners/operators and commercial fleets.
To serve the fleet industry properly, KeepTruckin has offered features such as real-time fleet and equipment tracking, cloud compliance, as well as fleet management. Currently, this unique solution for the ELD mandate owns popularity among 250,000+ commercial fleets with a minimum of 1,000,000 drivers. The ELD device is also popular among 50,000 carriers involved in the for-hire service. This increasing popularity of the KeepTruckin ELD Device is attributed to the features such as effectiveness and affordability. To confirm the demand for this ELD device, you can take a look at the KeepTruckin ELD reviews over the official app stores.
Features of KeepTruckin ELD
As an operator/owner of two or three trucks, the management protocol is relatively easy. However, things will surely get complicated when you start adding more trucks to your name. For example, the collection of data needed for monitoring and compliance of every vehicle in the fleet can be a challenging task. Just like the top-ranking ELD devices being sold in the fleet market, KeepTruckin ELD Device has been designed to simplify and automate the tasks for the managers as well as fleet owners.
Apart from the automated compliance for mandate requisites, this particular solution caters a lot of beneficial capabilities that include:
1. Customized Vehicle Inspections
The KeepTruckin ELD Device helps you boost your CSA Score and enhances the safety all across the fleet collection. To allow the customization of vehicle inspection, this device can generate custom forms for the fleet. You can set-up the real-time alerts or switch it off as per requirements. These alerts will help you detect any defects in your vehicle without any delay. With this feature, you can either set your attention on one vehicle or set alerts for the complete fleet.
This system will equip you with the necessary tools needed for the definition and implementation of the personal inspection policy.
2. IFTA Fuel Tax Reporting
With the IFTA Fuel Tax Reporting system implemented into your business, you won’t have to collect fuel & mileage manually for tax reporting purposes. Instead, this solution allows the fleet owners to upload the receipts in bulk via the use of the KeepTruckin ELD Dashboard.
Alternatively, the drivers can also upload the receipts from their connected phones via the use of the KeepTrucking ELD App. With years of use, this app has helped the fleets in avoiding human errors & reducing the audit risks. Simplicity is another factor that you will love about this ELD device. You will also come to understand that this device tends to automate the complex calculations to provide enhanced convenience. You can easily export the ready-to-file ELD reports with just the single use of a click.
3. ELD Compliance
Just like other truckers operating inside the country, you might have simply installed your ELD device to adhere to the FMCSA regulations. If this is the case, you need to be assured that your device is approved by the mandate regulation committee. The device has also been designed to serve commercial drivers. It is comparatively more comfortable to operate and learn.
Some of the features and compliance capabilities of KeepTruckin admired by the truckers include things such as HOS Violation Prevention, Ace DOT Audits, On-the-Go Compliance, and many more.
4. GPS Tracking in Real-Time
Apart from the tracking of your fleets, this particular ELD solution will aid you in tracking multiple other assets accurately as well as in real-time. Post-installation, this device automatically collects the GPS coordinates for the moving vehicle once after every minute has passed. If you are a fleet manager, your vehicle can easily be tracked with the use of the KeepTruckin ELD device.
The device also features an intuitive interface that allows you a chance to view things like routes, location history, as well as driver performance. Coupling the GPS factor with the HOS enables the fleet managers to initiate effective planning.
- Drivers can log into their app HOS automatically.
- Allows the dispatch of the view logs, enable necessary edits & edits to be sent to the fleet driver.
- KeepTruckin is available for its customers 24X7 and help resolve your issues at the quickest.
- The device is small and easy to handle.
- It uses a zero-cost application that is installed over the mobile device.
- It complies entirely with the existing ELD mandate.
- Houses GPS that allows tracking of the driver location when present inside the vehicle.
- It allows the drivers easy access to DOT laws compliance.
- Reports can be easily viewed & saved in the dashboard for any future reference.
- The subscription prices are highly affordable, with no upfront payment required.
- When using the Keep Truckin ELD, one cannot tell if a driver is going on the short-haul exception range.
- Logs registered in the app are open to editing for the dispatch, but only after one day is completed.
Reasons to Choose KeepTruckin ELD
There are several reasons for a fleet owner or driver to choose the KeepTruckin ELD for proper fleet tracking. Here are some of the unique reasons listed below:
- With the ELD, you get access to the log auditing protocol. Here, the logs tend to get audited in an automatic manner which is why you get alerts in real-time, especially when there is any case of the HOS violations. Moreover, the vehicles can be tracked continually, even as the drivers do not connect their mobile devices with the ELD.
- The GPS present in this ELD device tracks the vehicles on-the-go. Users can view the breadcrumb location tracks of the fleet using this device.
- The device also has the Idle-time feature to track the excessive idling time and helps with the reduction of fuel costs.
- KeepTruckin also comes with messaging services that help streamline the communication amid the dispatch and the drivers.
- The concept of Geofencing embedded into the ELD allows the proper creation of some virtual parameters such as the vehicle’s exit and entry tracking.
- On top of that, the IFTA Fuel Tax Reporting feature eliminates any administrative burden that comes from collecting the state miles.
- The Electronic Logbook App by ELD Plus allows the users to have complete compliance with this affordable KeepTruckin ELD system.
- The Driver Scorecards help analyze the performance of the fleet to ensure the identification & improvement of opportunities.
- The Vehicle Diagnostics option improves the vehicle maintenance protocol with the use of the DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) alerts.
- You can also opt for the recap view for hours served in the fleet or the upcoming view of the hours that can be gained in the next seven days.
Who can use the KeepTruckin ELD?
The Keep Trucking ELD Device is used by the truckers, fleet owners, or fleet managers to adhere to the ELD and HOC compliance requirements.
The drivers or fleet owners/drivers use this app to:
- Stay compliant with the mandates irrespective of the existing location of the fleet
- Connect with various vehicles that are on the same track
- Prevent any kind of HOS violations
KeepTruckin ELD Pricing
When talking about the ELD functionalities, various fleets come with varying requirements. Take for example; the basic version of the ELD mandate by KeepTruckin might suffice perfectly for the drivers that are just entering the business.
While this might be the case, larger fleets might still require the advanced capabilities of the KeepTruckin ELD. To provide the requirements of each fleet management company, there are different solutions offered by KeepTruckin ELD cost under various subscription plans.
Under the subscription plans, you will come across three main variants which include:
- Free Plan ($0): This KeepTruckin ELD basic plan by the provider is catered to you free of any charges. However, this subscription plan offers just the basic functionalities. The plan only provides messaging facilities along with electronic logs, and section vehicles features.
- Starter Plan ($20 Per Month): Apart from the tools paired with its free plan, this starter plan by Keep Truckin ELD offers some more tools for the truckers. The plan is designed to aid the medium-sized trucks and fleets, which might cost you somewhere around $20/month. Add-on features that you get with the plan include GPS tracking, Alerts, as well as ELD compliance. If you want to purchase anything below 30 ELD devices, you might be needed to pay the complete cost upfront.
- Starter Plus Plan ($35 Per Month): If you still require additional capabilities apart from the ones that have been offered with the KeepTruckin starter plan, there is a need for upgrade to KeepTruckin Starter Plus subscription. Even though the plan is priced at $35 monthly, the extra charge is worth all the add-on features you receive. The Starter Plus Plan offers you features like IFTA Fuel Tax Reporting, Asset Tracking, as well as Vehicle Utilization.
How to order KeepTruckin ELD?
If you are looking for KeepTruckin ELD for sale, you can order your very first KeepTruckin ELD by visiting the official website. A free demo of the device can also be requested by the truckers by filling out the request form present on the site. You can also get in touch with the sales team by writing to them at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also receive on-call support by calling the official number: 855-434-3564.
How to install the KeepTruckin ELD on your fleet system?
Now, we know that the KeepTruckin ELD is easy-to-use. However, there is a guideline that you need to follow when it comes to the KeepTruckin device installation. You do not need an administrator to get this job done.
All you need to do is follow the process explained down below, and it will help you with the easy installation of the Keep Truckin ELD Device.
- Before installing your KeepTruckin ELD device into your fleet system, you have to ensure that your engine is turned off when you are locating its diagnostic port.
- Now attach your cables properly with the diagnostic port of the vehicle. Your port can be 6 pins, OBD-II, or 9 pins. The heavy-duty fleets tend to use the generic 6/9 pin based port. On the other hand, medium or light duty fleet systems tend to use the OBDI option. Turn your collar towards the clockwise direction for ensuring that your 6 or 9-pin type ports are completely secured.
- Towards the second side of your cable, you need to attack the KeepTruckin ELD. Now, screw-down your thumb screws over the connector with 15 pins and secure the cable with your ELD.
- Once it has been plugged in correctly, your indicator lights will flash before turning solid red. On the left half of the ELD device, the indicator shall turn green right after one minute. This is an indication of the success of the GPS connection. But, if your GPS connection fails, you can try and move your ELD to increase the exposure with the sky and help it catch proper signals.
- Now, pick the perfect spot on the top half of your dashboard and mount your ELD device. Ensure that your mounting is perfectly in place close to the windshield. You also need to keep in mind that the equipment is kept apart from the electrical components as well as the fleet vents which can lead to unwanted interference. Before you install the ELD, make sure you clean your mounting area by using an alcohol dipped swab. Post cleaning, you need to mount your ELD atop the clean surface & remove its backing comprised of an adhesive strip.
Before you install your device, you need to keep in mind that:
- The standard 6 & 9-Pin along with your OBD-II ports should be used as the plug-in option for KeepTruckin ELD Device.
- If your fleet uses the latest Volvo Truck, Mack, or the 2013 model year truck, the KeepTruckin ELD offers you specially customized cable harness that is inclusive of the price of the ELD device. This is why you must specify the diagnostic port variant being used in your truck before you order the ELD.
- You will also get access to the Y cable that is provided to make sure that your cabling located behind the fleet’s trim panel can easily be hidden and protected from any vulnerability.
- The KeepTruckin ELD also supports team driving. The only thing needed to be done here is to ensure that each driver has their Electronic Logbook account in the KeepTruckin application.
- Only one KeepTruckin ELD is needed for both the fleet drivers using a single fleet.
With the assigned fleet time, drivers will need to connect with the ELD and keep a record in their Electronic Logbook. After the driving is done with the driving, they have to disconnect from their ELD. This will aid the following driver in establishing the next ELD connection with the use of their accounts. When we talk about the data which is supported with the KeepTruckin app, it uses the data transfer protocol of two telematics which has been specified by FMCSA. It can either be for roadside inspections, web services, or email.
Other Facts to Know About KeepTruckin ELD
Apart from its unique features, there are various things that you need to know about the KeepTruckin ELD application.
- The KeepTruckin ELD device is designed to be tamper-resistant. The tool uses several methods to make sure that it can prevent any kind of tampering to the device when a driver is operating the fleet.
- Apart from this, the ELD device uses GPS-based satellite time for the prevention of the user-based manipulation of the drive time. This suggests that the drivers can, in no way cheat this system with any modifications of their mobile’s clock.
- Drive time is continually recorded by the KeepTruckin ELD Device. This is even when the driver hasn’t connected with his mobile device and the ELD using the Bluetooth services.
- Not just that, the device keeps recording all the unidentified incidences for driving. All these incidences are transmitted to the servers for the KeepTruckin ELD. This happens when a driver connects with the ELD.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the users get access to the AOBRD system to change things like the threshold for compliance mode from the 5mph mark to 15mph?
Answer: If your KeepTruckin ELD device has been installed before the cut-off date for the ELD mandate, then it can be easy to move over to the AOBRD compliance to change the threshold from 5mph to the 15mph mark. However, if your device is installed post the mandate; it already comes pre-configured for the same.
Will the new ELD be completely compatible with the older model vehicle?
Answer: Yes, the system is compatible with most of the vehicles that have been designed to support the features of ELD or Electronic Logging Devices. The only thing needed to do here is to contact the KeepTruckin customer care representatives to acquire a customized connection wire which isn’t available with the standard box.
How does KeepTruckin Smart Dashcam function?
Answer: Whenever the ELD Device detects any critical event, a video timed 10 seconds in the High Definition form before & after of the truck is sent to your KeepTruckin Dashboard to help you review the same and opt for a correction plan.
Is the KeepTruckin Smart Dashcam completely compatible?
Answer: The Smart Dashcam by KeepTruckin is only completely compatible with the latest Cellular ELD also known as the LBB3ca. When the users purchase the Smart Dashcam, they will get an upgraded ELD device with no additional cost.
How does the KeepTruckin ELD tracking the hard cornering, hard braking, as well as the hard acceleration occurrences?
Answer: The KeepTruckin device comes with an array of sensitive sensors that work with the most accurate measurements of the hazardous driving issues. The ELD device is inclusive of gyroscopes, accelerometers, speed sensors, GPS, as well as other connections that aid the systems onboard your vehicle.
How long will my vehicle have to be idle before the recognition of the idling event?
Answer: When any vehicle is at a stationary position with its engine running for more than 10 seconds, the idling event can be tracked by the ELD device.
What type of data is acquired during the idling event?
Answer: The KeepTruckin application tracks the duration, start time, location, as well as the fuel consumed.
Final Words about KeepTruckin ELD
Most of the ELD or Electronic Logging Devices have been known to cater to limited accessible features. With time most of the devices have updated their stances. However, the KeepTruckin ELD Device is the best you can acquire. The provider has designed this device to aid the novice as well as expert truckers or fleet owners to act as an all-in-one solution for ELD requisites.
Apart from the inspections and compliance reporting, this particular device comes with a myriad of top-notch capabilities that aid any fleet owner for segregated tracking and maintenance of the fleet. So, if you are one such fleet owner or trucker, you shouldn’t hesitate to buy the KeepTruckin ELD device.